Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Vail Photographer - Sheeran Family Photos in Beaver Creek, Colorado

You often hear photographers talk about the magic hour for lighting.  It's the last hour of good light in the day before it starts to get dark. It's called the magic hour because it produces the most flattering light on your subjects without the harsh shadows that appear when the sun is directly overhead.  The only issue is that this is also the time of day that kids are starting to wind down.  They're tired and often pretty hungry.  What's the solution?  Gorgeous girly tutus, promises of pizza for dinner and the assurance that we'll get the photos as fast as possible!

Having a good location also helped to keep my photo session with the Sheeran's on track.  We shot in a meadow in Beaver Creek and stopped a couple of times on the drive down to the base.  The old barn outside The Mirabelle was a great backdrop to finish the session with.

Bridget (pink tutu) is one of Maxwell's little buddies.  She was very confused about me being there without him.  My highlight of their session was Bridget asking me where 'Maskwell' was.  So cute!

In other news, I'm happy to announce that my new logo is complete and should be up and running shortly.  I'm about to embark on setting up my new website, so keep an eye out for White Starfish's new face lift!







No comments:

Post a Comment