Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sharon and Keith's First Wedding Anniversary in Vail, Colorado.

Off-season comes twice a year in our little mountain town.  From May-Mid June and October-Mid November.  From a photographer's perspective, it's one of the best times of year to take outdoor portraits because you're not photoshopping random skiers dressed in neon one-pieces out of the backgrounds of all of your photos and everything's either coming into bloom or the leaves are changing for the fall.

Sharon and Keith decided to come to Vail in the off season to celebrate their first wedding anniversary and they asked me to take some photos to capture the milestone.  We had a great time walking around Lionshead and taking advantage of lots of little spots that are usually blanketed with tourists.

I'm not a huge fan of using big filters on my photos, but every now and again I have a session that lends itself well to a few of the actions that I like from the Florabella Collection.  For example, the first photo is back lit by the sun, which is usually a big 'don't' in the photography world, but I used the Classic Color action to get the highlights on their hair and to boost the light on their faces, which I think worked well.

Here are a few photos from our session in the late afternoon sun.










No comments:

Post a Comment