Friday, September 14, 2012

Akilah's Senior Photos in Denver. Through the Lens Series, Entry 29.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about how much I enjoy shooting engagement photos because you have a subject that you can communicate with and there's not as much pressure as a wedding.  I also think that Senior Photos fall squarely into that category too.

The Senior Photo market in Vail is pretty over saturated, so it's not often that I get to do these shoots.  However, last week I got take some photos of the beautiful Akilah in Denver.  We decided to take the photos in a business park in Centennial.  Business park's are known for being rather stale pieces of green in the middle of concrete stacks (or maybe that's just from my years in London), but this one had some great scenery and plenty of opportunities for some fun backdrops.

Now, just to go off on a quick tangent, I have to say that I get a little worried at times about that way people communicate these days.  We're always constantly on the phone, emailing, texting...or even blogging!  I'm guilty of it just as much as anyone.  Sometimes I'll look up and I'll be on my iPad and Russ will be working on his laptop and it makes me shudder at the thought that Maxwell might never be able hold a decent conversation because of the direction that we all seem to be heading in the 'age of communication'.

However, after having the opportunity to meet Akilah and her wonderful family, it's put a lot of those fears to rest.  She was so lovely and unbelievably sweet!  She's clearly been raised in a loving family.  It's not every day that I get to have a Mom, Dad and brother come along to a photo shoot.  Along with my dear friend Shez, they were kind enough to keep an eye on Maxwell and let Akilah and I go off and take some photos.  Did I mention there was a huge pond in this park?  With ducks in it?  Maxwell was determined to get in there with them!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the shoot.  I'm still trying to figure out why Blogger seems to dull down my photos.  They look so vibrant and colorful and every time I upload them onto here, they seem to fade a little.






Click here to see more photos from Akilah's Senior Photo Shoot in Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment