Thursday, February 6, 2014

Beaver Creek Engagement Photos - Lyndsey and Drew

Happy belated new year to everyone!  I have officially survived flying from Colorado to New Zealand all by myself with a 2 year old and a 7 month old.  The flights went surprisingly well and it was definitely worth it to be able to spend a month on the beach with my family and friends.  I'm back in Vail now and it's taken me a few days to reacquaint myself with words like 'polar vortex' and 'wind chill factor', but we're getting back into the swing of things.  Below is a post that I had written just before I left, but I didn't get a chance to post it.  It was my last session for 2013 and I'll post my first session for 2014 in the next few days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody who knows me well will tell you that I don't particularly like the cold.  The absurdity of this statement is not lost on me.  I realize that I live in a ski town in the middle of the Rockies.  I just prefer spring skiing more than taking runs in sub-arctic temperatures!

Lyndsey and Drew were visiting from Texas and had asked me to capture some engagement photos for them.  The day we decided to go out was 9 degrees!  For those of you who are not from America, that's -13 celsius!!  I was so impressed with how well they handled the temperature and they certainly kept each other smiling throughout the session.  You would never be able to tell from their faces that it was freezing.  The upside of taking the photos in such cold conditions is that we got to take advantage of some beautiful backdrops around Beaver Creek.  The very last location we went to was the giant fire place in the lobby of the Hyatt.  It was a great chance to thaw out after an amazing session.







No comments:

Post a Comment