Saturday, November 26, 2011

Family Portraits in Edwards, Colorado with The Carpenters.

I posted a couple of sneak peak photos from my session in Cordillera, CO with the Carpenter family the other day, and I finished editing them yesterday so I wanted to post a few more of them.  We're having an useasonably warm early winter this year, so we didn't capture a lot of snow in the photos, but you can see some scattered here and there. 
I ran a new action on this photo and I love it.  It tends to give everything a bit of a 3D effect.
This pose was Anna's idea from a photo she had seen.  It works perfectly with the amazing skyline that night.
I love Ayla's hair in this photo.  The wind added to rugged feel out in the hills.

To see more photos from this session, go to The Carpenter's Family Portraits in Edwards, Colorado.

In reference to my previous post about Search Engine Optimization, one of the tips was to make sure that your blog posts were longer in length.  I'm not usually much of a writer in my posts, because I'm a photographer and photographers obviously rely on photos to tell a story.  I've always been extremely concise (I once left a 3 hour journalism exam after 1 hour and managed to do pretty well on it - the task was to cut the fat from a story and present the facts), so bulking up on the blog will be interesting. 

My Google Places Card arrived today, and I now have a Google listing for Vail, CO.  My first listing is for Edwards, CO so having this new listing should help me I'm sure.  In Vail, we don't receive mail at our houses, so getting a listing on Google when you work out of your house is next to impossible.

Lastly, today is Small  Business Saturday!  It's a great excuse to get out there and support local small businesses during this Thanksgiving week/week of holiday shopping.  We don't have too many BIG businesses here, but we should always do our best to support the community.  Speaking of Thanksgiving, I did a few family photos on Thanksgiving for some friends and their beloved pooches, so those pics will be up shortly.

Current Ranking for 'Vail Photographer' on Google: Page 16, 8th entry.  Didn't I say the other day that it couldn't get worse?! :)

Click here to see more Family Portraits in Vail and Edwards, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment